Timberlane Sports Fan of the Month

Photo courtesy of Sam Szczapa

Sam Szczapa

In order to be the Timberlane sports fan of the month, you need to show school pride, dedication, and excel in school. There are many people who meet these standards, but there is one person in particular that shines above and beyond. The class president of ‘22 has gone above and beyond supporting Timberlane sports teams. No distance is too far for Taylor Dionne.

On September 10th she traveled two hours to Kennett High School located in North Conway to support the Owls in their 41-0 football Victory. Taylor shared where her commitment comes from telling us ”My commitments come from the joy it brings me to watch Timberlane’s teams win. That is what draws me into any sports game regardless of the distance!”  Griffin Roeger says “Taylor suits this position better than anyone I know, she is truly an outstanding student and inspiring person.”

As well as attending the games, Taylor along with a few others voluntarily run an Instagram account where they keep students updated with schedules, scores, times, themes, and even coaches and athletes of the week. The organization of hundreds of students is not an easy task to accomplish but Dionne’s posts are able to bring the entire fan section together. getting everyone to dress like they are in Hawaii or representing school colors. This really brings the fans and team together creating a positive and fun atmosphere where students enjoy sticking around. 

Photo courtesy of Sapienza Photography

Along with supporting the owls, she spends a generous amount of time on the court herself. Taylor is on the Varsity Volleyball team. Leading her teammates to many great games and wins. When she is not out supporting the owls she spends her time working to better the school in student council along with clubs and honor societies. Taylor is the class of ‘22s presidents , A leader in project hope, secretary of best buddies, the life of an owl, and is part of national honor society. No matter how busy she is, she states, “I will always make time to support my fellow students.” Through careful consideration and deliberation with fellow classmates, a unanimous vote found Taylor Anne Dionne victorious in the running of a fan of the month.